Each year, our fleet of heavy-duty, multi-axle dump trucks haul hundreds of thousands of tons of dewatered waste material from power plants to land-fill sites. Our fleet is dedicated to effective movement of the waste stream at each power plant we serve.
Utter is expert at processing the never-ending stream of fly-ash waste produced by coal-fired power plants. Our technical personnel oversee and manage all aspects of the effluent stream, from input of fresh slurry-sludge to fully de-watered material tightly compacted in expansive landfills.
- Remove ash solids from dewater ponds
- Load and transport waster materials to land-fill sites
- Grade and compact ash and other fill waste
Managing Pond Cycles
Moving effluent material through dewatering stages in a timely manner helps a power plant maintain its process equilibrium and its EPA compliance. Utter technicians are expert at moving material through the dewatering process, even when ponding space is limited. We own and operate specialized equipment, such as "long-arm" backhoes with 53 foot reach to efficiently remove dewatered pond waste. Our pond control teams:
- Build earthen berms that subdivide ponds for more efficient use
- Design weirs to extract water for treatment and recycling
- Install high-volume pumps for moving slurries along the dewatering process
- Perform soundings to measure pond dewatering efficiency